Chair of Physical Geodesy and Satellite Geodesy (PSG)
Welcome on the homepage of the Chair of Physical and Satellite Geodesy (PSG), Institute of Geodesy, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
PSG is involved in the teaching and research of geodetic surveys of the Earth with the goal of defining and establishing a reference system and precise global positioning. Satellite geodesy methods for research of global environment changes in geometry, gravity, and mass transports in the system Earth are investigated and further developed.
The main topics of research are all aspects of Global Navigation Systems (GNSS), radar altimetry to define sea level changes, applications of satellite geodesy, multi sensor systems, and radar technology in the fields of civil and environmental engineering. A further special emphasis is placed on filtering methods in integrated GNSS/INS systems for use in automotive applications.
The main topics of teaching at PSG in B.Sc. (Civil Engineering and Geodesy) and as well M.Sc. (Geodesy and Geoinformation) are courses in Global Surveying, Physical Geodesy, Parameter Estimation and Satellite Geodesy and Navigation. The curriculum includes lectures and as well practical exercises.
The PSG is mainly active in the following research fields:
- Satellite Geodesy
- Globale Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Reference Frames and Geokinematics
- Satellite remote sensing with GNSS, Radar and InSAR in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Satellite Altimetry
- Inertial Geodesy and Navigation
- Inertial Navigation Systems and Inertial Measurement Units (INS/IMU)
- Multi-sensor integration with focus on GNSS/IMU
- Integrity and safety in automotive application of navigation systems
- Physical Geodesy
- Geoid determination
- Mass transport in system Earth
- Microwave Interferometry
- Structural analysis
- Land slides and deformation zones
Detailed information is available under the listed categories, which you can access using the main navigation bar. Just click the desired link.
Thank you for your interest – enjoy surfing on our web site!