Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Civil Engineering and Geodesy Profile: Geodesy
On this page we would like to introduce to you the triannual, interdisciplinary study course Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Civil Engineering and Geodesy, which is unique throughout Germany. Here we especially want to introduce the profile ('Ausrichtung') Geodesy to you.
Addressees and Objectives
If you like to
- measure and visualise traffic routes, supply networks, land properties, countries or the entire Earth,
- utilise high tech instruments and technologies for precise position determination, navigation and measuring of most diverse objects,
- build tunnels and bridges all over the world, construct high-rise buildings, map airports and football stadiums, route traffic smooth flowing and environmentally sound, shape the environment using spacial planning and land management or set the foundation for building projects by means of precise position determination,
- work in the field of Geodesy and Geoinformation or Civil Engineering,
- fulfill the requirements for the master study course
then the internationally acknowledged study course Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering and Geodesy at Technische Universität Darmstadt will by the right choice. This combination of Geodesy and Geoinformation with Civil Engineering in a single study course is unique in germany. With that we emphazise the common engineering base of both fields and their interdisciplinary relation. Within three years you can obtain a grade of professional qualification with a broad education and flexibility for your future career which you will not find elsewhere.
Based on a general or specialized qualification for university entrance or a comparable certificate (e.g. from a foreign institution of education) you can apply for the study course Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering and Geodesy. For selecting a specialization in Geodesy and Geoinformation choose the Geodesy 'Ausrichtung' (profile). The standard period of study is 3 years and 6 semesters respectively.
As an alumnus of the bachelor study course Civil Engineering and Geodesy you will be qualified for a scientific oriented occupation in different fields of Civil Engineering and Geodesy. Likewise you can choose to append a master study course, e.g. our study course Master of Science Geodesy and Geoinformation.