Prospect of Professional Career and Fields of Activity
Prospect of Professional Career
In both study programs Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering and Geodesy and Master of Science Geodesy and Geoinformation you will obtain a well-founded, broad and versatile academic education. After successful study and with the final degree received a broad variety of fields of professional activity opens up to you, which we want to outline on this page.
But first of all some remarks concerning the chances on job market:
- Like already today in Austria a serious shortage of alumni in Geodesy and Geoinformation is expected for the German labour market.
- The number of first-year students is not sufficient to satisfy in future the broadend field of professional activities at home and abroad with well-skilled experts.
- The lack of alumni of study programs in Geodesy and Geoinformation is even more dramatic if we consider, that in the last years a significant shift from traditional surveying engineering to new fields of activity took place. This ranges from the development of modern Geo Information Systems (GIS) to complex techniques in surveying of tunnels, bridges, and dams. This trend to the formation of new fields of professional activity will continue.
- Another example from practice: for a precise position determination nowadays the GPS (Global Positioning System) is quite often employed. With the development of the European system GALILEO there is not only a further enhancement with respect to accuracy to be expected but a strong push for the labour market as well. Alone in Europe an estimated number of 160.000 new jobs will be created. Many of these new jobs will be open to alumni of study programs in Geodesy and Geoinformation.
is a very informative and well worth seeing website about Geodesy, its fields of activity, carrier prospects, and study courses. The website is presented by three associations together and can be accessed by following link:
- Arbeitsplatz Erde (www.arbeitsplatz-erde.de) (in German).